ME

ME

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Consuming Passion

Although I enjoy a (health-imposed) rather sedentary lifestyle, I am still quite frequently unable to find the time to blog about the many exciting and mundane events that I feel I should (or could) comment about. In the pursuit of sedentarism, I am required to imbibe the odd glass or two of fermented grape, many of which prove worthy of favourable comment but, the enjoyment of the tasting and swallowing distracts me from this eulogising; no comment or description can ever live up to the experience.

This vinous pursuit throws up some remarkable variations, even from the same grape variety grown and produced in the same region. I am currently involved in the consumption of a Hunter’s Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough, 2005) which proves quite unlike any other Marlborough Sauvignon I have had the pleasure of sampling. Both nose and palate prove most pungently ‘gooseberry’ and, a sensational dryness tingles the inner lip as well as the palate. What both myself and my beloved are unable to sense is any of the ‘tropical fruit’ declared on the back label but, I certainly detect an underlying hint of black pepper, a quality more commonly detected in a red wine. A certain liveliness determines that I should hold-off the next bottle for at least another year, it still seems remarkably young for an antipodean 2005 vintage.

By now, I trust my loyal readers will understand how such time consuming pursuits correlate to the paucity of postings.

4 comments:

Farmer Giles said...

Good morning Malcolm
If you look under Farming friends in my Blog you will find that Sarah who's blog it is, has put a comment about a flower that she has discovered after being flooded out. She is asking if any one can identify the flower, I thought that perhaps with your knowledge of flowers you might be able to help her out
John (at 24)

Malcolm said...

Hi John, Just pooped over to Sarah's blog and it had already been identified as A Cornflower (centaurea cyanous)!

Farmer Giles said...

Thanks for that Malcolm
Sara's is quite an interesting blog I am Sure that helen would enjoy the blog as Sara is a teacher and farmers wife and puts some very interesting
things up
John

Farmer Giles said...

Sorry that I didn't spell Helen with a capital H in my last comment
John