ME

ME

Friday, December 11, 2009

Ringing The Changes

It was really good to receive a 'phone call from my physio, this morning, having heard nothing since August. The call confirmed my suspicion that she'd had a relapse, being a fellow M.E. sufferer, and consequently been out of circulation since August. Fortunately, she has now returned to work for a few hours each week, even though those few hours are already proving quite exhausting but, with a bit of careful management, she hopes to return to her normal hours in the new year. I'm now looking forward to the next call when she'll be arranging a visit to apply the magic needles (I'm talking acupuncture here) to yours truly. The treatment I've received, by this means, has proved most efficacious both in terms of pain control and re-energizing.

My second 'phone call of the day was quite unwelcome. Having given a second chance (disregarding their somewhat inflated prices) to 'Pieroth', the wine merchant whose reps visit one at home for a wine tasting, and placed an order for a case which we received in the past week, they decided to give us a call today to try and sell us some more.

The reason we'd previously given up on them was the high number of unwelcome canvassing phone calls, a reason which we had explained to them on numerous occasions. This time there will be no further chances, they can keep their product and stuff it where the sun don't shine. When will they ever learn?



1 comment:

Tim Hodgens said...

Hi Mal,

I'm glad to hear that accupuncture helps.

The number of calls from non-profits is near staggering - I understand they are hurting financially - but they really are a pain in the ass...I wonder if accupuncture would offer help for that also.

Just this moment a call comes in from some organization....back to work with cancer, or something...I'm sure it's worthy...but in the background I can hear a significant amount of conversation which sounds like dozens of people making calls like this. What really gets me is that they have also taken to calling on Sunday nights.

Needles for sure.

Tim