ME

ME

Friday, January 06, 2006

Climb every mountain

After much prompting and prodding from my beloved, managed to remove myself from the duvet realm in order to keep a dental appointment at 9.45AM! I’m not sure what is the most unnerving part of such occasions; the lights, the injections, the drilling or, the sonic cleaner (with its high-pitched whine). Each of the aforementioned items creates an ‘overloaded’ sensory experience but, I think, in this instance the sonic cleaner has to take the honours.

Hopefully, fillings and scalings completed, I don’t have to face this ordeal for another six months when the next routine examination is due. Everything, that I used to take in my stride, now feels like I’m undertaking an arduous expedition!

As I struggle to hit the appropriate letter on the keyboard, I intersperse the exercise with trying to find the location of my supra-numb mouth in order to sip a warm drink.

Methinks a rest is now in order.

No comments: