ME

ME

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Quandary

Just switched on the TV and, it’s Davina McCall’s new chat show on BBC1; I know that I’ve only seen the first few minutes but, rarely have I felt so embarrassed for a presenter, it feels almost as if her body doesn’t belong to her and she absolutely doesn’t know what to do with her arms. I’ve just realized, she doesn’t know what to do with her legs either. Perhaps this reaction goes some way to explaining why I’ve always preferred spoof chat shows, at least the embarassment is intended. Anyway, I’m no TV critic so enough said!

The big question is, should I just switch the machine off or endure it (as background distraction) until K T Tunstall appears?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was pretty dreadful. I don't imagine there's much celebrating of the James Blunt victory at the Brits in your house !

Malcolm said...

Hi Martyn, Thanks for popping by. Perhaps my body has found a way to celebrate the limp-jawed sinusitis kid's victory ... today has been a painfully grey day health-wise. I never realized my abhorrence of the man went so deep.