ME

ME

Sunday, May 27, 2007

A Place Not Quite Like Home

You know that feeling, when you sense that there are intruders in your property? Well, I’ve been feeling that kind of stress the past couple of days, with three semi-invited non fee paying B&B clients. The clients in question are three females, aged 18 – 22, who arrived on Friday night and, will be disappearing tomorrow; nieces of Helen’s owing to the chance connection of bloodline from her first husbands side of the family.

We rarely have any contact with these “guests” but, Cathy likes to keep in touch as it’s a link to her late father. The invitation was only proffered (?) at last minute, as their prior free board arrangements had to be cancelled and, Cathy only had room to accommodate their Mum & Dad. I’d already been at a quite low ebb, energy wise, before this imminent arrival was imposed on us but, I didn’t quite realize how stressful it would prove having three strangers sleeping under the same roof. In one way we hardly see them, as a strict itinerary for their visit had been established by the ex-military father, with Cathy arranging a bit of socializing for the girls.

Perhaps, the increased muscular pain levels and, the occurrence of vivid dreams disrupting my less than perfect normal sleep patterns, are a reflection of raised stress levels. With the extra bodies in the house, I’m quite reluctant to respond immediately to the demands of my erratic colon and bladder. Furthermore, I’m reluctant to enter the bedroom of strange females to switch on the modem and router located therein so, my impulsive requirements for a bit of surfing or biological demands have to be put on hold.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve nothing against our guests, no more than I have against any other stranger! Quite simply, an alien presence in one’s abode militates against it feeling like home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mal,

Oh dear, know just what you mean. Now that you have your home back to yourselves I'm sure the euphoric relief you must now feel will make up for intrusion.

Keep well,lots of love,Elli X

ps.THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR MY BIRTHDAY COMMENT. XXX

Farmer Giles said...

This hasn't to do with your last posting malcolm. but i have been trying to send you an email, so thought I would send Via your Blog
Thanks for your kind remarks Malcolm
Keep up your bloging we find it very interesting. We were given an insight to your suffering with out any show of self pity , I am sure it will help other people who are going through similar problems
Yours sincerely
John