ME

ME

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Defeat 1 - SinnaLuvva 0

Tonight, the flag of defeat is draped around my shoulders and, ashamedly, I admit to returning to the dreaded weed. I have no longer quit smoking and, insult was added to injury when our local 7 - 11 store was closed early for refurbishment, just when I needed to purchase a packet of twenty comforters. Salvation was close at hand though, in the form of an off-license a couple of doors down and, fortunately they stocked what were (and I suppose may soon have to say "are") my regular brand.

It is a sad day when I have been unable to eat one of my culinary delights from a position of queasy discomfort. Delights are few and far between and, I must admit that although the flavour of the first three cigarettes was not as enticing as I imagined, the process of imbibing nicotine orally is far preferable to the cutaneous transfer method.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In the words of the doggerel:

"Here sits a happy man,
Contentment fills his cup:
'I tried to give up smoking,
But gave up giving up!'"

Never mind, old friend, it's not a catastrophe; you've managed to give up before, you'll manage it again.

All my love,

Peter