ME

ME

Sunday, November 20, 2005

A reflection without depth


A beautifully crisp day once more and, this afternoon, after two exercise free days, managed a slightly longer (if still brief) brisk walk. The residual fall leaves, as we crossed the stray, hung so still they may just have been frozen. It was one of those days when I felt extremely grateful for my thermal hat and heavyweight, charity shop special, flying jacket!

The unfortunate aftermath of such exercise is that I wasn’t sufficiently energized to enter into discussion with a couple of Jehovah’s Witnesses who’d called around especially for a chat. Much of the witnesses teaching fails to convince me but, I’ve always been impressed by their (courageous) anti-militarism. Their difficulties with Trinitarian doctrine are also something I appreciate, even though my personal theology veers towards an adoptionist (though omitting the dual nature of the monarchians) Trinitarian viewpoint.

Actually, my mind isn’t really sufficiently in gear to wrap around theological concepts at the moment so, I’ll just love you and leave you for the time being.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful image accompanying the post.

Thanks

Martyn

Anonymous said...

I've always had difficulty with the "checklist" religions.
Trinitarian, strict monotheist, polytheist, I can dig them all.

But when they trot out a list of obligatory beliefs, I get turned off.
Its like a magazine contest. If you answer "no" to any of the above questions you are not qualified to enter the insert positive outcome here.

Anonymous said...

This is my favourite time of the year. My partner and I took a long walk in the New Forest on Sunday. Everything was all crisp and the colours of the leaves were just beautiful.

Not to mention the cream tea - YUM!

CA

Malcolm said...

Thanks Martyn .. glad you like my little image .. [digital manipulation has temporarily taken the place of real painting, still at least it was my original photo and manipulation that lead to the end result].

Just like you CA, can't help but love this season!

Thanks for your comment safetinspector: I don't like "checklist" religions either but I did used to enjoy a good argument whilst attempting to 'live the life'.