ME

ME

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Kick started by the pricks

A welcome warm tingling glow waltzed caressingly around the calves and shins. It was as if velvet wrapped knuckles were applying the most perfect conceivable massage, in the best of all possible worlds! And that’s only for starters. You may quite rightfully wonder what Sinna Luvva’s getting at and, such is my cosily floating universe at present that my response requires a great deal of conscious effort.

My acupuncture session, this afternoon, was quite tangibly pouring much needed energy into my lower limbs yet, I was totally oblivious to the (actual) position of the needles and, I most certainly hadn’t realized the extra concentration around shins, ankles and top of the feet. I had, as usual, an awareness of those placed at the juncture of thumb and forefinger of each hand, especially as today they seemed to generate a concentration of heat. This was not at all a discomforting heat but, rather reassuring.

It’s always difficult to predict what sensation will accompany the treatment but, despite my initial scepticism when I started my treatments last fall, the results have proved quite positive, initially in terms of pain relief (when that was the focus) and subsequently in terms of re-energizing.

I will always be grateful for the healing efforts of Helen A. What a privilege to receive such treatment under the aegis of a much maligned NHS!

No comments: