ME

ME

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Replenishing the Soul

And the refreshing of the earth continues, in this small pocket of the globe at least. A brief venture to an out-of-town store necessitated a quick dash from the car through quite torrential rain but, I’m still revelling in this delightful downpour; the clammy cobwebs (from the hot and humid days) have been well and truly washed away from both mind and body.

Ma belle has been busy, finalizing her preparations for the service she’ll be leading on Sunday, whilst I’ve quite contentedly drifted through cyberspace, having failed to find that hint of inspiration (or imagination) which could inform me what else I could, or should, be doing with my time. I recognize that this “time of drift” is a luxury to be relished but, there are far too many moments when I long for the return of that emotional stamina which once enabled me to lead an (apparently) more purposeful socializing existence!

One of the great privileges of internet access is the ability to make new friends and acquaintances with some wonderful people, without whom the world would be a much poorer place. There are so many occasions when one is able to proffer, or receive, the appropriate words of encouragement and appreciation; my little life has been greatly enriched by the existence of this technology.

Just as the rain refreshes the earth, the friendship of others replenishes the soul.

No comments: