ME

ME

Monday, July 31, 2006

A Day of Refreshment

Weather wise, it’s a wonderful day; I arose from the duvet lair, not too bright but reasonably early, just as my beloved arrived back with the main weekly grocery shopping. A few fleeting moments were spent together before she headed off to work and I coaxed myself into the shower room. By 11.00AM I felt sufficiently energized to walk down to ‘Open Church’, at St Marks, for coffee and a natter; revelling in the sensation (carried over from last evening) of being able to breathe more easily. The sun made a modestly successful attempt to burn its way through the cloud cover as I walked home but, there was no sign of the ridiculous cloying heat of recent days.

As soon as I arrived back home, I engaged myself observing the activity of butterflies and moths and attempted to take a few snaps, just as the breeze took hold of the Buddleia branches on which my subjects were perched. Shortly afterwards, the first rain shower of the day embraced me as I sat beside the pond; a wonderfully refreshing change, although I swiftly headed back to cover as the gentle rain was replaced by a downpour.

The lawn, after a couple of weeks of lethargy, looks as if every blade of grass has suddenly sprung to attention. I rejoice in the day’s refreshment!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog and for putting a picture link up for helpwithme, thats fab!!

I loved this post, I could almost feel the breeze. Your making me so jealouse!!

take care

Malcolm said...

The pleasure's all mine.