ME

ME

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Showers of Blessing

I don’t know whether it was the tension of watching Wimbledon yesterday afternoon but, I was certainly shattered this morning and, required a little more bed rest than accords with my prescription. One of those weird bruised and tingling headaches, extending from the base of my neck and right across the back of my head, held me in its thrall until early afternoon; thankfully it had dispersed somewhat by the time I prepared a tuna pasta for lunch.

My afternoon’s mini horticultural effort has been recorded on Mal’s Murmurings and, since that report, a more sustained gentle shower has arrived; the garden exhales a thankful response!

Since pre-preparing Sunday lunch, hopefully enough of the special casserole to see us through the following two days as well, it was good to slump down in front of a hot cathode ray tube to be engrossed by the final episode of Series Two of ‘Doctor Who’ (BBC1) and, my beloved and I are currently enjoying ‘T in the Park’ (BBC3) and have been well satisfied by sample performances from Corinne Bailey Rae, Kaiser Chiefs, The Zutons, Franz Ferdinand and Placebo. At times like this, it’s rewarding to have a catholicity of musical taste.

No comments: