ME

ME

Monday, July 17, 2006

Which Theologian Are You?

Although I find the Moltmann rating very satisfactory, I find it rather a puzzle that John Calvin gets a look in. Probably it's because, as is the nature of this sort of quiz, one is unable to qualify the reasons for a specific rating to certain questions. The percentage of Tillich comes as no surprise! I know why Luther comes so far down my scale; it's to do with the centrality of "justification by faith".
You scored as Jurgen Moltmann. The problem of evil is central to your thought, and only a crucified God can show that God is not indifferent to human suffering. Christian discipleship means identifying with suffering but also anticipating the new creation of all things that God will bring about.

Jurgen Moltmann

73%

John Calvin

73%

Paul Tillich

67%

Friedrich Schleiermacher

67%

Karl Barth

53%

Augustine

40%

Anselm

33%

Charles Finney

27%

Martin Luther

20%

Jonathan Edwards

0%

Which theologian are you?
created with QuizFarm.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Malcolm,

I scored as Paul Tillich in the quiz - for which I'm rather chuffed! My respect and admiration of PT is no less than it was when I first read "Morality and Beyond" and in which he blew me sideways! The remark, too, that he's no longer as important as he was fits me too!

TOF

Malcolm said...

Hiya Peter,

I was plesed that Tillich came up at 67% - jointly with Schleiermacher on my list but, I'm still puzzled about the Calvin presence!

Anonymous said...

Oh no. I scored 100 on Jurgen. I've never read him. Is he a good thing or a bad thing? Are the liberals going to stop visiting my site? Help.

Enjoyed doing it though. Thanks Malcolm.

Malcolm said...

Hi madpriest,

Thanks for visiting. This liberal finds your 100% Jurgen rating an inducement to visit! 'The Crucified God' is, for me, one of the most significant theological works of the last century.