ME

ME

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Saturday Wonderful Saturday

N.B. The penultimate paragraph goes some way to explaining why this Saturday posting wasn't prepared until today!

Yesterday morning, and what a brave boy I’m becoming; another venture into town with my beloved chauffeuse, before the full heat of the day had time to make its impact felt. We found a parking spot and purposefully headed off to the store where I could spend the gift card still extant from my birthday. A previous visit ended in abject failure but, perhaps this time I would be a little more successful in my quest. I managed to find a couple of DVD’s for our collection, ‘One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest’ (two disc edition) and ‘The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy’ (movie version), both in the ‘Sale’ at the store.

On our way to the store a notable distraction occurred, the opportunity to get close to a Honduran Tangerine Milk Snake at a new Exotic Pet shop. I missed the opportunity to handle one of the Royal Pythons, as the one sloughing its skin was closely entwined with a more temperamental companion.

I’m sure that I’ll be paying more visits to this pet emporium, even if only to visit Gilbert, the green iguana, but they have a wonderful array of parrots, lovebirds, rabbits, guinea pigs, spiders, skinks, gecko’s, fish and more. It’s wonderful to find such an environment close to home. I don’t feel capable of giving any reptiles all the necessary TLC at present, so I won’t be entering the realm of ownership. I get so much pleasure from our fish, in both the aquarium and the pond, the thought had crossed my mind that it might be good to have a pet that I could actually handle.

On our way back to the car, we stumbled upon a little brawl between a couple of yobs; it takes all sorts of events to make up the true spirit of our proud historic Spa town, but some we can well do without! At least both participants, and their friends, had elements of England regalia on their person so, it obviously wasn’t nationalistic rivalry.

In the afternoon, following a period of rest, I once more donned my chef’s mantle to prepare one of my unique beef curry dishes ready for Sunday lunch. It’s always good to allow plenty of time for the flavours to mature! Come the evening, having watched ‘Doctor Who’ (BBC1), switched on my laptop PC which started behaving in a very erratic fashion, making me wonder how a ‘logical’ machine could behave in such an apparently irrational manner. It took the consumption of at least a couple of glasses of ‘Gran Tarapaca’ Carmenere, Chile 2004, before I’d managed to resolve the problems. An even more difficult task was keeping an half-attentive eye on ‘CSI:NY’ and ‘Law & Order’ (both Channel 5) whilst sorting out the laptop’s glitches.

It was a perfect day in which I avoided the temptation to yield to frustration and, as always, delighted in the company of ma belle amoureuse.

No comments: