ME

ME

Friday, July 07, 2006

The Dentist, The Acupuncturist and The Cook

An early start, after a somewhat restless night, didn’t bode too well but, I’m still around to tell the tale. Ma belle chauffeuse drove me into town, and back again, for an early morning visit to my dentist; it was my good fortune, on this occasion, that no work needed to be done. Even the quick examination, followed by an equally swift scale and polish, is difficult enough to cope with, as I’m still very sensitive to bright lights and high-pitched oscillating soundwaves. It takes very little to jar my nerves at present.

Immediately on return home, a cigarette quickly found its way into my mouth, before I had a little rest. By 11.30am, suitably revived, I ventured up to the pond to rinse out the filters before applying a further treatment of ‘SludgeBuster’. A further period of relaxation followed, before my acupuncturist arrived to position the healing and energizing needles; now that’s a treatment I really appreciate and look forward to. This sceptic has been well and truly converted, and committed, to the efficaciousness of this healing art!

For the first time this Wimbledon, I tuned into the Tennis, to watch some of the scintillating match between Nadal and Baghdatis; a brilliant match, in which I found the tension almost too much to cope with. [Please bear in mind that the preceding sentence stems from one who doesn’t like Sport!] I boldly forced myself to break away from the game, to prepare an overdue meal for my beloved and myself. A delicious Trout, Peppers and Mushroom Savoury Rice dish was the result of my endeavours; the creativity, of cooking, helped release some of the tension that had taken hold of me whilst watching the match.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry (OT)

Dear Malcom

I recently moved my blog to movable type.

In the process someone stole my blogspot URL.

My new URL is

http://pissedonpolitics.com/

Could you please remove the blogspot URL from your link list? I don't want the asshole who stole my blogspot URL getting any undeserved traffic.

Thanks!