ME

ME

Monday, December 19, 2005

Aberrant Conditions

The apparently speedy recovery, from Saturday’s little collapse, may have been a mirage. ‘Temporary’ remission may be a better way to describe it as, fatigue, minimal concentration and, more than a modicum of tetchiness provided the inharmonious keynote of Sunday and, even today, fatigue and the lack of ability to concentrate are my constant companion. There are times when I begin to wonder whether to treat ‘collapse’ or ‘recovery’ as the aberrant condition.

The occasional ‘loss of balance’ I have been experiencing recently, whilst performing such energetic tasks as wiping my hands on a hand towel, opening the room door, or standing up to stretch my legs, have set me wondering whether it’s time to visit the GP again. One side of me, that which gets stressed at the thought of moving away from the familiar terrain of home, views such visits as a waste of time (in spite of the respect I have for the doctors in the practice I attend). The more rational side says, “well, doctors are busy people … you shouldn’t really bother them with trivial ailments”.

A redeeming feature of recent days has been the relative absence of muscular and joint pains. For this I give thanks!

No comments: