ME

ME

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Tales of the UneXpected

Tonight, my beloved and I are still in a state of shock. Brenda, after two amazing performances, is out of 'The X Factor'. With the exception of Andy, all the performers excelled themselves this evening but, with the voting being so tight we just knew it had to be Andy or Journey South who'd be going home. Perhaps the problem was that so many potential voters assumed that Brenda was 'safe'.

Brenda has gone from strength to strength throughout the series, whereas Andy peaked early and over the past couple of weeks his performance declined. Of the finalists, Journey South are our favourites but, I still feel (despite the odd dodgy performance mid-series) as I did before the proper contest began, that Shayne will be the winner .

In the end, it's just entertainment ... but, nonetheless involving!

***************

Certain friends of mine have suggested that if I didn't allow my body to waste its energy on allowing my residual hair to grow freely, I'd maybe feel a bit less drained. Unfortunately, I remember the story of Samson and what happened to him when his hair was cut. Starting from my current low reserves of physical and emotional stamina, I dread to think where such an exercise might lead. I'd even have to give up being a seriously balding plain clothes Santa Claus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read somewhere that hair grows more during the summer as less energy is needed to keep you body warm so can be directed towards your folicles !