ME

ME

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Simple Pleasures

The Christmas period has once more enabled us, (or should that read driven us), to ‘lapse’ once more into the routine of having our main meal at the dining table. The dining table is usually the preserve of Sunday lunches alone, our bean bag supported lap-tables being the more usual resting place for our dinner plates. Each meal, sat at table, becomes somehow a more significant event. Even the little ‘grace’ of thanksgiving, before we apply our snouts to the trough, seems more gracious.

As circumstances dictate that I spend most of my day lounging around, the move through to the dining room serves to add variety to my day. I admit there are times when even that exertion would seem too great but, in general, it is good to have an extra reason for using my ambulatory gift!

No comments: