ME

ME

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Looking for Signs

Another bright sunshiny day but, the chill factor seems to prevent much activity in the garden pond; the water temperature has rarely attained the minimum temperature (4 centigrade) required for the fishes ‘low temperature’ wheatgerm feed.  I netted out a bit of debris and, that was pretty well the sum of the day’s aquatic activity. After that gentle activity, I did also manage to put out some seed (and replenish the peanuts) on the bird table and, treated the compost bin’s contents to some magic elixir to speed up the decaying process!

I have plenty of seeds ready to create, or intensify, a ‘Butterfly Friendly Wild Flower Meadow’ at the top end of the garden but, I await the right “warm and moist” conditions for sowing them. Perhaps, after our much colder than the norm first three weeks of March, we are entitled to expect a mild Spring. I still await my first sightings of the  red-tailed bumblebee, 7-spot ladybird and, frogspawn for the ‘BBC Springwatch Survey’.

I still manage to rejoice in this day the Lord has made!

No comments: