ME

ME

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Pinned Down but Not Out

After yesterday’s socializing, I really felt quite enthused and started thinking about what should be my next venture back into the ‘normal’ world. This morning, however, I was rather exhausted following a night of intermittent dreams and wakefulness. After taking a shower, and getting dressed, I needed 40 minutes to 1 hours rest (on my bed) before I could consider any further activity.

Come the afternoon, I went out with my beloved and managed a twenty minute brief brisk walk but, I have to admit that the last half of it was quite a struggle in terms of back and leg aches and general feeling of swimmy fatigue. A true sign of progress was the relatively swift recovery from this modest exertion.

At 5.00pm, my physiotherapist/acupuncturist arrived for a chat and to give me the needle. It’s strange how one can never predict quite what sensation will be emitted from the insertion channel. For all my initial scepticism, I never cease to be amazed by the difference these treatments have made to my pain levels. Whilst the treatment session is in progress, it always proves to be a time of amazing relaxation; nothing to do but watch my breathing as, for that period of time, I’m rather (in the words of my therapist) “pinned down”!

No comments: