ME

ME

Thursday, March 30, 2006

The trials and tribulations of breathing

Just how difficult can it be to ‘breathe’ for relaxation? Darned hard is the answer. Yesterday, on return from the Chronic Fatigue Unit, I managed two sessions of my 7/11 routine with only a little effort being required. This mornings first session proved a little more problematic, the regimented routine proving too much of a distraction. (See Mal’s Murmurings “Of protracted catnaps and disciplined rest” for all the gory details).

The second session, today, managed to bring my long standing nasal problems to the fore and, the routine was transformed from 7/11 to a disrupted 5/8 pattern.

Come this evening, three attempts to begin the routine ended in an exhausted failure; suddenly it felt like a recipe for stress creation, almost as if my breathing apparatus (as a token of disapproval) had developed a kind of tracheal hiccups. As usual, my beloved thinks I’m being a little hard on myself, recognizing that I’m quite shattered from yesterday’s outing. How can one possibly induce rest and relaxation when they’re really tired?

No comments: