ME

ME

Monday, March 06, 2006

New Beginnings

Not quite so brilliant a day (see Fighting Fit on Heterocon’s blog) but, I am really beginning to feel that, health-wise, I’m on an upward curve. My early morning bruised and shattered feeling has, already, eased itself into a simple sluggishness.

Around lunchtime, I ventured up to the garden pond, to see if the ice is thawing or whether it needs a little assistance; perhaps 60% of the surface is still iced over but, today’s routine check also provided a bonus for me. At first I thought I’d seen a tadpole but, as we’ve not yet had any spawn in our still netted pond, that didn’t seem like a possibility. Eventually, I spotted two baby goldfish swimming near the ice sheets edge. None of the adult fish have yet seen fit to surface but, nor would I if it meant being so directly exposed to prevailing wintry conditions.

Helen has gone out for her first afternoon of paid employment, since having to take early retirement from teaching (on health grounds) in 2003; it is indeed a day of new beginnings!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every day is the first day of the rest of your life. Maybe that's why God made days.

BTW thanks for commenting on my friend John's new blog. I'm afraid it's been quiescent since he headed north.

Malcolm said...

Thanks for your comment Larry. Much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Great to hear of your general movement in the right direction, as well as your wife's new employment.

Malcolm said...

Thanks Martyn, the general trend is still positive but, it's a case of exercising the necessary restraint to try and avoid any regressive movement. Slowly but surely I'm getting there.