ME

ME

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Slaving and Salivating

After yesterday’s day of de-activation, I’ve almost managed to stay awake today; I even managed a twenty minute brief brisk walk this afternoon. At lunchtime I prepared a salmon pasta for my beloved and myself and, towards the end of the afternoon (whilst listening to ‘Jazz Record Requests’) prepared tomorrows Chicken casserole –  a kind of hybrid Anglo/ Spanish/ Mexican concoction –  and par-boiled the potatoes in my special spiced & herby infusion, ready for roasting.

My traditional weariness (sore throat, burning eyes and inadequately synchronised lower limbs), was satisfactorily re-united with a cramp-like pain between the shoulder blades as I slaved over the hot stove. Apart from that it has been a reasonably good day. Ma Belle Helene prepared me a delicious bacon and black pudding sandwich as fair recompense for all my endeavours; it’s truly good to know that my culinary endeavours are so well appreciated!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you're getting over it, old friend, and I certainly hope and pray so.

Malcolm said...

Hopefully the progress will continue. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers Larry.