ME

ME

Friday, March 03, 2006

Taking It Calmly

For each step forward, on the health front, I’m currently experiencing only half a step back; that for me is real progress. Apart from a stiff and tender neck and, the persistent numb throb and ache in my left wrist and hand, the only obvious ailments have been yesterday’s throbbing ache around the eyes accompanied by a generalized muzzy headache. On Wednesday, I gratefully received another acupuncture treatment which certainly seems to help. Thursday was the first day, for some considerable time, that the ache and discomfort in the wrist and hand was not in evidence.

Even my somewhat antisocial irritability/anger response is somewhat in abeyance; yesterday the doorbell rang as some cold callers (canvassers or market researchers) turned up, standing adjacent to our cold callers notice*. Rather than my usual aggressive knee-jerk response, I calmly pointed out to them that “owing to an incapacitating illness, I am unable to spend time talking to unsolicited callers, hence the notice”. The callers were actually quite apologetic and, I now recognize that (health permitting) a calm response is perhaps more effective than an aggressive one.




* “For Health Reasons COLD CALLERS are NOT WELCOME. Please Respect Our Wishes”

No comments: