ME

ME

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

A Refreshing Change

Quite an eventful morning by my standards; whilst my beloved was taking a shower the doorbell rang so, I raised myself from the duvet realm and trundled down the stairs to receive a case of wine and, decided I may as well get up (and dressed) a bit earlier than has been the pattern of late. As the night had been quite a restless and discomforted one, I felt somewhat uncertain regarding the wisdom of this decision.

Mid-morning, stepped out with ma belle to confront the icy blast and, bumped into Paul, the vicar of St Marks (the church I used to attend before my health took a turn for the worse a couple of years back). As we ventured on down the road, decided to pop into ‘Open Church’, at St Marks, for a coffee and a warm welcome. It really was quite rewarding to meet up with old and new friends and, I hope to repeat the exercise in the not too distant future, physical and emotional stamina permitting. I might even attend the Thursday morning Communion, one of these days; I might be able to cope better with this, than the lengthier Sunday Services. I really have been missing the sense of fellowship during my prolonged sojourn in the incapacitated wilderness!

No comments: