ME

ME

Saturday, April 09, 2005

As Time Goes By

A very slow day for waking up; indeed, it is only in the past couple of hours that I have started to feel really awake! A leisurely morning, following a late emergence, a standard whole wheat breakfast cereal and a bacon butty made with wholemeal bread provided sustenance for the residue of the day. The sandwich tasted all the better by having been prepared by ma belle Helene!

Mid to late afternoon found me sleeping to the accompaniment of my favourite Jazz programmes on Radio 3; presumably a continuing part of abstainers hangover, the symptoms of which have recently been reported on Broad Thoughts from Heterocon .

By early evening, I struggled enjoyably to prepare a nutritious light meal for my beloved and myself - hot-smoked trout with red and green peppers, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes in a turmeric/ paprika/ginger jus. The primary thing is that it proved enjoyable, a sustaining and enriching experience.

Having been suitably refreshed, I was then able to commence preparations for tomorrows lunch, the details of which I refuse to regale you with. The thought of salivating readers would make people wonder what kind of site they were visiting.

Come back soon!

No comments: