ME

ME

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Don't Bring Me Down ... I Can Do It By Myself

Lying in bed this morning, I was surprised to hear my local parliamentary constituency referred to in the news bulletin on BBC national radio. It was simply a reference to Tory deception attempts with reference to our local health authority. I suppose anyone remembering the Thatcher era, and Howard the Thought Vampire's role in it, realize that dirty tricks will be needed as Blair's Crew have stolen most of the Iron Lady's clothes.

Anyway, I didn't let this get me down but remained on my contentment plateau. Should have known it was too good to last and, the fall ocurred mid to late afternoon. The prompt for this decline, that the pond pump had once again ceased-up; reset the trip switch to no avail so obviously more drastic measures are called for. Retrieved pump from its position in the pond, removed the clip and casing and cleaned it down with a hose to remove algae residues etc. Switched the pump back on and immediately a trickle of water flowed but, this trailed away to nothingness within a very short time. The trip-switch constantly tripped ... suppose that's what they're for ... but why. The pump itself is new this season but we never had this problem with the trip switch on the old pump; it did start tripping slightly more after some "handymen" altered the siting of the said switch but it didn't help simply to curse them.

For some reason I let this little episode bring me down. I suppose I've just got to admit I'm not as well as I'd like to be, now let's see .....

Proton-pump inhibitors are performing quite well but, the rhinitis treatment seems to have gone in reverse, anti-depressants ...?; my throat still has the same problem although I understood it was supposed to improve as I stopped regurgitating acid! Exhaustion factor; on this front the last couple have days have seen a slight improvement.

I'm even starting to feel guilty about not feeling well; suppose I should become a Tory, as in my view they're all sick, I should at least feel at home amongst them!

No comments: