ME

ME

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Curses and Blessings

Just when I thought I'd reconciled myself to the day (see "Much Ado About Categories" on 'Broad Thoughts From Heterocon') another flea bite makes my emotions turn somersaults! Having prepared for a six weeks appointment on 3 May, granted for seven weeks after my little op; today I received a letter cancelling this appointment and moving it forward a further two and a half weeks down the line. Not only is the date changed but, they now want me to travel (never my strong suit) some twelve miles for this appointment when the main hospital is within two miles! Perhaps there is a logic but, I fail to see it or to be amused.

Were I feeling fitter (I nearly said fit ... but then, why would I want a hospital appointment?), this flea-bite could be more easily calmed down but, in my present agitated state the bite has grown to the size of an elephant turd. Some other items in todays mail weren't designed to be best pleasing but, then ... that's life ...! Let's look on the bright side, no matter how out of character that may seem, I also received some welcome items!

No comments: