ME

ME

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Cultural Highlife

After yesterdays somewhat ill-fated character, today has so far gone quite smoothly. That could be because I have not as yet ventured out, nor had cause to make any vessels self-destruct, but it could also relate to the fact that I keep genuflecting before a crucifix whilst touching wood in a totally non-superstitious manner. Emerged from the cocoon of my duvet remarkably early this morning, if only to cool off a little (no smut here please), and found myself showered and dressed at a reasonable hour too!

The cultural highlight of the day is without doubt The Eurovision Song Contest; having only witnessed the semi-final contestants, and not the fourteen acts who were automatically allocated a place in the final, I have a hunch that either Rumania or Moldova could be the winner. Charismatic presentation of quite vibrant songs is what counts but, of course, if my hunch proves wrong it's all the cretins who actually vote that are to blame.

How great it is to feel relatively normal and, in denial of my better taste!

No comments: