ME

ME

Sunday, May 29, 2005

A Life of Privilege

Yesterday (Saturday), a day like any other day, saw the continuance of my endeavours to correct the conditions prevailing in both the aquarium and the garden pond. Brief visits to 'Homebase' and 'PC World' provided the only escape from hearth and home, not that I really have any desire to escape.

Got on with a couple of VHS to DVD transfers, in the afternoon, leaving space on the disc to record the evening's programme of "Soul Deep: Southern Soul". Otis Redding and Stax are much more to my taste than Motown (the subject of last week's programme). Watching the series has helped me to understand my own preferences within the broader Soul genre.

Spending most of the day in the company of my best friend, my lover and my wife, didn't lead to any conflicts! Nor was the house overcrowded; I feel that Helen and myself are so fortunate having each other, the best thing that has ever happened to me. It really is a privilege to find best friend, companion and lover all rolled into the one wonderful "spouse" package.
++++++++++++++++++++++++
5.25AM Just having another attempt at uploading this blog to site after several failed attempts much earlier this morning.

No comments: