ME

ME

Friday, May 06, 2005

We Sometimes Have Good News

And the good news is ..... I have a reason to bring out the Champagne once more. In our constituency the LibDem increased his majority once again; considering that prior to 1997 this seat had been Tory for 80 years, I believe this result says as much about the calibre of our MP, Phil Willis, as it does about his party!

Had an appointment with the psychiatrist this morning, she was certainly a good listener and, is changing my anti-depressants as part of the effort to help me tackle the temper/ short-fuse problem. It's always difficult to remember dates and events in these situations but, for all my stresses her manner helped me to feel reasonably relaxed.

Having stayed up later last night, listening to election results, I felt remarkably alert when getting up relatively early this morning. But what if the results had veered more towards the Thought Vampire (aka Michael Howard) ... that could well have been a different sensation! The fact that the Conservative Party Tories fought such a negative campaign perhaps, in the end, assisted the other two major parties.

I especially want to express my congrats to George Galloway ... it's great that an independent of such integrity can gain a seat. Welcome back to the House George!

I feel quite bubbly all these hours before I pop the cork for our celebration drink.

No comments: