ME

ME

Thursday, May 26, 2005

A Prescription For Good Health

A rather good day for me, in spite of the displays of incompetence demonstrated by the Tax Office in this morning's mail. As that has already been recorded elsewhere, it's now time to give thanks for a better than average day in the life.

I actually managed two brief (slightly) brisk walks today, one around midday and the other bbw in the afternoon.

Continuing the treatment of the aquarium with good bacteria which is already having some effect as, to our surprise the nitrite level is already declining. Must admit I'm still somewhat puzzled as to how I account for the earlier hike in NO2 level. Suppose I'll just have to accept it as just another of life's little mysteries.

The green water problem with the pond is still subject to the closest scrutiny. This evening I gave the filters an even more thorough rinsing (in pond water of course) than usual; at least 7 bucketfuls of water were drawn from the pond to wash three filters. The water in the bottom of the filtration tank received a little dredging action as well.

After this action, I replenished the pond with several bucketfuls of treated tap water. My halo is well and truly polished up!

How do I account for the sudden lease of energy:

a) a wonderful bottle of Stafford Lodge Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough 2003, shared with ma belle Helene on Tuesday evening certainly gave the feel-good factor. Nettle-y gooseberry with a subtle lychee note .... makes me wonder how I'm managing to keep the cellar door locked!
b) an enjoyable simple Chilean Chardonnay 2004 (an Asda purchase) shared with Graham ... and a glass saved for Helen on her return from Pizza Hut. [Wednesday's contribution].
c) I've not taken an anti-depressant today, just a minimum dose alternate days until I attempt (once more) to start the new medication next week.
d) The sun is shining.

I like to think the item at "a" is the cause and, that my doctor will prescribe a case for me on the NHS. The feel-good, enjoyment factor, could prove a great medicinal aid to my recovery.

No comments: