ME

ME

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Matters of Moment

I've been dwelling quite a lot on the fragility of life for the past twelve hours, ever since the better-half returned home to report that an ex-nurse had to apply the Heimlich(sic) manoeuvre to her yesterday lunchtime, when she choked on a tomato!

So much for "healthy" foods! I have never known anyone with such a voracious appetite for vegetables, both cooked and raw, as la belle Helene that the whole episode seems extra shocking.

Dwelling on matters of life's fragility, I thought of the old platitudes about close scrapes helping to make one a better person. The most common response, apart from gratefulness to be alive, should surely be the desire to fulfill as many of the lustful desires as a frail body can cope with while one still has breath in their body!!

Of course, the faith-full idealist side of me, would like to think the response will be : "I will now do much more to help those less fortunate than myself. While there's life there's hope ..." etcetera.

I do like to give thanks, to YHWH and his lad, for all the blessings in my life as well as moaning at him/it when I feel hard done by.

If you want to know why I'm blogging at such a late/early hour go to 'Biliious Ecriture' on Heterocon's blog.

As I look at my beloved, with her head on the pillow next to where mine should be, I know that I am indeed a fortunate man. Perhaps it is time to try and rest again.

No comments: