ME

ME

Saturday, May 14, 2005

From Reflux To Reflection

I'd forgotten just how disabling gastric reflux can be; every minor task performed can become a major endeavour, whilst held in the dreaded acids thrall. At present its hard to know which is the major bane of my life the acid or the mucous ... on second thoughts it must be the acid, that would account for me being so sharp-tongued. I don't really know why I bother to write this down; perhaps it's because I'm afraid of intelligent conversation, i.e. talking to myself!

Maybe, considerate being that I am, I have no wish to come up with anything remarkably profound, as it may give any readers an inferiority complex.

Helen has just gone down to Rock Connexions in town at her elder daughter's request. I'm curious to hear what she makes of it, as Beth seems quite proud of her own involvement in it. Whether, or not, it makes "church ... culturally relevant" remains to be seen. It all depends on our understanding of church! Is the teaching of Jesus (of Nazareth) relevant, now that's something I can answer in the affirmative! If we really looked to the teachings of Jesus we would see the irrelevance of many of America's church-going "moral majority". In that instance church has become a synonym for right-wing political agendas granting short-shrift to any ideas of social-justice.

No comments: