ME

ME

Monday, September 12, 2005

The Joys of Achievement

It's quite amazing how a little (weather-assisted) acheivement, by a reasonably good England cricket team, can be made to sound like a matter of vital national importance. ITV News took the trouble to speak to Sir Michael Jagger in New York for his middle-England response. Being sickened by this excessive gloating, decide to switch on Mark Radcliffe (Radio 2) and guess what that git chose to keep talking about ... this amazing cricketing achievement! Strange, I'd enjoyed his programme until now! Anyway, I'm currently enjoying Radio 3 ... hope I'm not soon going to be in for a fall!

News bulletins talk of England rejoicing/celebrating; I'm not, it's a game for god's sake. [For once I wish I was Australian; at least they won't want to talk about it!] I can remember times when the game hardly got a mention; let's hope those days soon return.

Actually, there's an impressive "Folk"programme on Radio 3 at the moment. Didn't know such a programme existed so, I suppose I should be grateful to the cricket twaddle on the Mark Radcliffe programme.

No comments: