ME

ME

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Reminiscing

A lazy start to a leisurely Sunday but, not too leisurely for my beloved, who managed to allow sufficient time to get to morning service without a last minute run. This evening Helen has gone to the Harvest Supper, at her chapel; maybe one of these days I’ll be sufficiently energised and confident to attend the chapel with her.

It’s only a couple of years ago that I had no problem coping with church services, jazz clubs and general socializing; since that time I’ve been unable to cope with sizeable groups of people, regardless of the setting and, the duration of a church service proved impossible to cope with. The spirit is weakening because the flesh is weak!

I’ve been catching up on some more VHS recordings today, an old Omnibus programme on Louis Armstrong and, Pennebaker’s ‘Don’t Look Back’, the film of Bob Dylan’s 1965 tour of the UK. Both of these programmes were hugely enjoyable and, in different ways, reminded me of a time when once I was a young man!

No comments: