ME

ME

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Casual Listening

As my beloved chauffered me home, from making a bulk purchase of wild bird food, Radio 4 twittered away as an accompaniment to our journey. One item was about taboos surrounding organ donation, the following item concerned the ubiquity of flip-flops from some kind of anthropological / sociological perspective.

From the latter item, I gathered that flip-flops go back to the beginning of time. A wonderful image of Dinosaurs wearing flip-flops immediately sprang to mind, even though (judging by context) the speaker obviously considered that time only began when the pyramids were constructed!

From the chatter about organ donation I gathered that almost all of our prejudices and taboos can be traced back to a certain Anne Sesstry. At least that should remove a lot of the burden from Eve!

28 October 2009

*******************************

a freshly minted poem, GARDENING IN AUTUMN, can be found on 'Mal's Factory'.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great site you have here. I have a site myself that provides inspiration and guidance to people around the world. I was wondering if you wanted to do a link exchange.

I love your site and I'll be back again often.

Jason
TheWISDOMWALL.com