ME

ME

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Just Playing Around

Some ten minutes ago I submitted a blog entry and voila ... it's gone. Now, I'll try to recap ... but the memory is fickle ... the thrust of the entry was that I am grateful that the process of blogging is so therapeutic. That must be the reason I bother with it.

Were a stranger to stumble upon this weblog, what would they make of it, the apparent randomness of the entries etc. But, life really is like that ... a stream of discontinuities in search of an organizing consciousness.

Frequently I only discover the topic of a blog entry when it's already a fait accompli. When I approach the blank dashboard I have no idea what thoughts/ events I'm going to comment on or write about. Still, it proves therapeutic; it's surprising what frustrations can be relieved by the odd rant ... even if it's about an unrelated topic. I suppose this approach could be called the Punchbag Blog.

By now you may be wondering why I bother to make the blog public. A perfectly valid question.

One can only communicate from ones-self; it is foolhardy to believe that one communicates with or to a given audience, that is a fortunate by-product when and if it occurs. Meantime, I play about with my own dilemmas in the hope that I am more often able to affirm life than to let the b*gg**s grind me down!

No comments: