ME

ME

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Reflections from a tired soul.

Just watched 'The Last Temptation Of Christ', for the first time in a few years, and am quite stunned by it's power. The interaction/conflict between body and spirit is remarkably portrayed; the equation between the humanity and the divinity of Jesus is one with which I've wrestled on many occasions!

Were he not fully human, then there would be no incarnation (enfleshment) but sinlessness casts doubt on the full humanity. My understanding of God is almost entirely shaped by Jesus, a moulding that survived and strengthened whilst studying other religious traditions. The concerns that grasp me tend to be funnelled through the Christ tradition.

I have a faith and many doubts; a concentration on the spirit which ignores the needs of the flesh and the struggle for justice has never been for me.

No comments: