ME

ME

Saturday, August 06, 2005

An Occasion

Saturday morning saw a nice leisurely start to the day, 'though come mid-afternoon I'm already feeling quite drowsy, having just returned from lunch at the local Brewer's Fayre. A pleasant way to begin our (engagement) anniversary day; the Taittinger is in the fridge chilling and, even the sun keeps peeping through. The little stroll to the Pub was about the limit that my weary limbs could master but, any little expedition accomplished gives me a sense of acheivement!

Heterocon has already commented on a couple of other significances to the day (apart from my engagement to Helen), so I have no intention of waffling on any further!

Tonight, I expect will be just a normal evening for the two of us as we quaff our Taittinger; our two NV grand marques of choice are definitely Roederer and Taittinger. As a couple who have each had a helping of frugality in earlier phases of our life, a taste of 'quality' is not to be scoffed at so, why settle for second best?

No comments: