ME

ME

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

PRINCIPLES carry a COST

I was unable to purchase another HP printer, although I’ve always been pleased with those I had previously purchased. As a result I purchased an Epson XP55 which has been the source of deleterious effects on my health (see https://sinnaluvva.blogspot.co.uk/2017/12/epson-woes-just-for-record.html }.

Sadly, having principles invariably entails a cost.

Whilst working as an accounts manager, late 1970s to mid 1980s, for a reputable furniture retailer, I refused to adjust invoice details, with reference to delivery addresses etc., in order to enable certain privileged business customers to avoid VAT payments on the items. This didn’t make for a happy working relationship with the stores general manager and, ultimately, led to my tendering my resignation.


Sadly, having principles entails a cost.

No comments: