ME

ME

Friday, May 13, 2005

All Change

How swiftly things change! On May 10 I completed my course of proton pump inhibitors and, only extremely rarely had needed antacids at other parts of the day. Last night, intermittently surrounding and penetrating my spasmodic sleep the old gullet-burn returned with a vengeance. Maybe yesterdays early ascension from duvet-land was taking its revenge.

This morning, I managed somehow to sleep (albeit restlessly ; now that's what I call a paradox!) through my wifes emergence into the land of the day people, until 11.00AM. This was not a choice, a decision made; I fell victim to my own body's demands.

I awoke to the sound of six pneumatic drills directly outside of the house, only to discover it was in reality the Hotpoint Washing Machine attempting to demolish the kitchen. Don't get me wrong, it sometimes does get the laundry clean as well but, engineering wise its not the most reliable device.

Took care of phase two of my fight with the garden ponds green water problem, before grabbing a bowl of honey-nut flakes and my morning medication. Checked the pH of the aquarium, no change but, as it was about due for a partial water change I got that out of the way before adding a further handful of aragonite coral gravel into the stockinette in an attempt to gradually raise the tank's pH.

I'm starting to feel quite exhausted at the thought of all those tasks performed, might even have to step back from the keyboard for a little while! It's time to grab a snack anyway. Au Revoir.

No comments: