ME

ME

Monday, September 19, 2005

Anti-Virus Personal Edition Premium

Just a little gripe, so unlike me, about the above anti-virus and it's interaction with Windows Security Centre. Both my better half and myself, (on Helen's laptop and my PC respectively) have been receiving warnings, from the Security Centre, that AntiVirus PE Premium is "switched off" whilst Anti-Vir itself states that it is active. Who are we to believe?

I hasten to add that this problem, with Windows Security Centre, never arose whilst we were using the same companies "free" Classic Edition.

An attempt to sign up/ log-in for the AV forum was somewhat thwarted by the predilection for using German instructions on the English Language page of the forum.

********************************
My laptop is now protected by ntl Netguard which does the same as Premium and more and, is supplied gratis for up to three machines for users of NTL's cable broadband service. Unfortunately, this wasn't an option at the time we subscribed to AV Premium, having been quite satisfied with the more limited free edition!

No comments: