ME

ME

Monday, September 19, 2005

A Sad Farewell

Today, the realization suddenly dawned on me that I have had to bid a sad farewell to three of my favourite journalists. So, it's farewell to Bob Herbert, Paul Krugman and Maureen Dowd all of the New York Times. The reason is the introduction of Times Select, a subscription only service which happens to include the Op-Ed contributions of these three journalists. Although on a low income, and living in the UK not the USA, I would be quite happy to pay a subscription to read these three journalists words but, unfortunately I would also be paying for services which are not of the least interest.

A 14 days free trial is currently on offer for this service but, that would only be postponing the inevitable

The contributions of this trio made me feel that there was perhaps something good to come out of America, whereas the policies of George Dubya have always contradicted this gut instinct. So, I bid a fond farewell.

No comments: