ME

ME

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Strange Phenomena

Tiredness is such a strange phenomenon, the more hours I spend in it's presence the less inclined am I to claim any understanding of it's modus operandi! Yesterday my withdrawal from the duvet-realm was a quite protracted affair, owing more I trust to genuine fatigue rather than lethargy (don't ask me to explain that word, I'm far too lazy to seek a definition).

Despite an overwhelming sense of tiredness prevailing, my brief brisk walk proved much easier than it has done for some time. My beloved and I have a mutual sense of currently being in a struggle with the common cold; this struggle of itself promotes weariness so by later evening we both felt quite shattered. In fact, I was too tired to apply my emollient cream before retiring but, I did manage to keep my eyelids propped open whilst I cleaned my teeth.

So, the story so far; I got into bed feeling "tired out" and, guess what ... I found it well nigh impossible to get to sleep fo several hours. Whatever my posture, it seemed to be the wrong one for attracting Morpheus. Night-sweats also played their part in my restlessness. My body should soon be tiring of its stupid game whereby, I suddenly become overheated and perspire profusely and so, remove myself from the covering of the lightest (lowest tog rated) duvet for a few blissful minutes before the cold shivers commence!

Surely, if I'm really tired the body should wean itself away from these ritual games and, allow me to sleep. Tiredness truly is a strange phenomenon.

No comments: