ME

ME

Sunday, September 11, 2005

From pain to praise

Been trying, since this morning, to post a comment on an AOL blog but, each time, after inputting screen name & password, I receive the message that the service is "temporarily unavailable". Over a space of a couple of hours it’s understandable but, you’d expect them to get their finger out beyond that time. By now, it’s becoming a real pain.

I shouldn’t moan as, I at least have a life to be getting on with in the meantime. After rain this morning, the sun eventually found it’s way through the clouds and, I managed a brief brisk walk with Helen and Graham. Although exercise doesn’t come easily it’s good to get a little fresh air and a stretch of the lower limbs.

The Balti, which I prepared last evening, proved satisfying to all consumers; once more my cheffish brilliance has been exposed!

“Songs of Praise” from Caithness proved a quite worshipful experience, even the contribution of HRH Charlie Boy, whose advertised presence nearly prevented my viewing of the programme, was surprisingly good! A bit of ‘wee-frees’ Gaelic Psalm singing was a revelation and, “Will your anchor hold” carried me back to those dim-distant Boys Brigade services. The folksy presentation of “I heard the voice of Jesus say” and “When I survey”, conveyed a sincerity so often lacking in more contemporary worship songs.

No comments: