ME

ME

Friday, September 23, 2005

A Little Light Music

Hilarious, poignant, gently cynical, that’s Loudon Wainwright III currently providing some exhilaration to lift me from my humdrum routine. First we have one hour of a special concert, interspersed with interviews, courtesy of BBC4, to be followed on the same channel with some archive footage for a further hour. Fortunately, both programmes will be re-shown from midnight on Saturday so, I’ll remember (hopefully) to set up the DVD recorder. Thanks Loudon, thank-you BBC.

It’s truly amazing how he’s resurrected this fatigued soul! Tiredness had, once more, been the keynote of the day, exacerbated in no small way by an afternoon brief brisk walk. That relapse was overcome by a little kitchen creativity, a new variant on my celebrated Salmon Savoury Rice.

Afraid Mr Wainwright is distracting me from the serious matter of blogging so, I bid y’all a fond farewell!

No comments: