ME

ME

Thursday, September 29, 2005

From acupuncture to system massage

The physio called this morning to go through the "history" of my illness and, is going to be providing a course of acupuncture, in the hope that this will alleviate some of the pain problems. Admittedly, in recent weeks pain hasn't been as much of a problem as fatigue and, Helen (the physio who shares the name of my beloved) seemed to be pleased with the efforts I had been making with regard to 'pacing', diet and vitamin/mineral supplements.

Too often in the past, Helen had been aware that the recommended graduated exercise approach recommended for some of her clients had proved detrimental. As someone who has suffered with ME herself, she is now much more cautious and, clearly understands the difference between depression and other causes of "tiredness". Anyway, I look forward to starting the acupuncture with only the mildest possible degree of trepidation!

*****************************

On the computing front, I decided this afternoon to install the AntiVir PE Premium on my laptop and, replaced that programme with ntl Netguard on my PC. At least it gives me a minor sense of achievement and, it has once again shown the usefulness of the new Flash Drive ... it saves a little on 'download' usage!

No comments: