ME

ME

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Making Molehills out of a Mountain

At least it’s lovely and cool, and fresh, in the early (for me that is) morning so. I thought I’d go out and test my energy levels. Out of bed by 9.20AM, slightly against my better judgement, decided to tackle the lawn today. About 35 minutes into the task (of mowing) a dose of the wearies caught me out. So, I cleaned up the mower, brushed out the soggy mats of grass from behind the blade and, that was it. Several soggy mounds of severed grass are sprinkled around the lower section of the lawn, looking from the distance like off-colour molehills. If my energy returns, I’ll clear them up later but, I doubt whether I’ll get around to any more cutting!

Anyway, I suppose I ought to count that as an achievement, even though it’s a half completed task. By now I’m quite used to setting my sights a little lower, whatever I tackle!

No comments: