ME

ME

Friday, September 30, 2005

Tales of consumption

Tonight,for the first time in many years, I watched 'Taggart'[ITV1]. I could never bring myself to watch it after Taggart was written out of it (I believe that was when the actor playing the eponymous character died), unable to imagine the programme in a language I could understand. Having said that, tonight's story was really quite gripping, with some wonderful human touches in the environs of three murders.

Before that started, we watched the beginning of 'Talking Bob Dylan Blues'[BBC4], a concert recorded at The Barbican featuring Odetta, Billy Bragg, K T Tunstall and many others. I've recorded the full two hours of that concert for future consumption.

Talking of consumption; whilst watching the TV shows aforementioned we enjoyed a wonderful Vino da Tavola 'Monticello Rosso' ... I must remember not to be put off by the simple VdT designation.

No comments: