ME

ME

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Tiredness and Television

It has been one of those days when I found it nigh impossible to feel wide-awake! A night of vivid, albeit quite abstract, dreams led to a rather spasmodic sleep pattern. The erratic pattern continued into the day but, after preparing tomorrow's lunch, in the late afternoon, I became fractionally more alert.

Tonight was the 'boot camp' phase of "The X Factor" which proved reasonably entertaining viewing and, we also dipped into some of the 'Hidden Decade' programmes on BBC4. The decade 1945 -1955 I find quite fascinating as it coincides with my childhood and, one can only feel grateful that the period of austerity has not haunted one's subsequent life. With my health problems, I can only express my appreciation of the National Health Service brought in by the post-war Labour Government.

I've been sat in front of my laptop for far too long, concentration seriously flagging, so it's time to say Au Revoir.

No comments: